1. Create Stripe Account
2. Fill in Bank Details in Mirakl
Payments to Sellers on Westfield online are processed every Wednesday via the Stripe account you set up during onboarding. Users with Store Administration and Accounting user permissions in Mirakl will receive an email notification from email@example.com with a link to the statement for the payment period. The funds transferred each Wednesday will be the total of all Eligible Orders less Commission, Processing Fees and the value of any Refunds made during the payment period.
Eligible Orders are those orders ‘Received’ by Westfield online teams during the payment period, and where funds have been received from the customer. Please note that it can take up to 2 days for the funds to clear from a Customer once we capture payment after an order has been accepted. The flow below illustrates the the payment flow from a customer through to a Seller.
Westfield online has a Stripe Connect account, an account structure specifically designed for Marketplaces. Each Seller store creates a sub-account under the Westfield online Stripe Account. To ensure you receive payments you will need to set up this special type of Stripe sub-account which is used specifically for Westfield online. This is quite different to a standard Stripe account that you may already have setup through the Stripe website which is not required. There will be no other costs issued by Stripe for having this account. Stripe have a secure and simple onboarding flow to capture the necessary details (including your BSB and account number) to set up this payment sub-account.
Please note that if you have two Mirakl stores, for example if you have multiple brands, then you will need to create multiple Stripe accounts using a unique email. Similarly, if you already have a stripe account for your own site or other marketplace, then you will need to use a unique email when creating this sub-account. However you can use the same bank account. It is important that you create a Stripe account by following the unique blue link in each Mirakl Store as this will populate the Stripe Account ID linked to that specific Mirakl store when you fill out the form.
A handy tip for most email clients such as Gmail and Outlook, is to add a "+" as a special character in your email address to create a unique address, but still receive emails to the unaltered address. e.g. if your email address is firstname.lastname@example.org. You can add something with a plus sign "+". So, sending an email to email@example.com will still be delivered to firstname.lastname@example.org but also be a unique email for account creation purposes.
The Stripe account can be set up at any time once you have access to your production Mirakl account for Westfield online. However, this must be complete before we will open your store on Westfield online.
1. From the top menu in Mirakl, select My Account and then Settings.
2. On the Settings page, scroll down to the Stripe Dashboard in the Additional Information section and click on the blue link.
3. You will be taken to the Stripe onboarding workflow where you will then be able to fill out the required details to set up your Stripe account for your Westfield online payments.
4. Enter the verification code sent to your nominated mobile number.
5. Enter your business details.
6. Enter the details of the bank account you want to receive payouts for Westfield online.
7. Review your details and click ‘Done’ to confirm.
8. Once complete, you will see an updated Stripe Dashboard URL within your seller portal under My Account > Settings > Additional Information. You can now login to your Stripe Dashboard using this new URL. You must also provide a Stripe Notification Email. This email will receive a notification when any changes are made to bank details within Stripe.
9. Login to Stripe using the new Stripe Dashboard URL to view payouts.
10. Select Account if you wish to edit your account details, add additional team members or update contact information.
11. Complete your bank account details in Mirakl under My Account > Settings> Bank Account Details. This is required in order to receive payouts from Westfield online and the information provided will appear on your invoice.