Discount pricing on Westfield online, is supported in one of two ways:
1. Applying a Discount at the individual product (Shop_SKU) level using the offer file imported via your integration method
2. Applying a Discount at the Cart subject to eligibility criteria using Seller-led Promo capability.
When applying a Discount at the individual product (Shop_SKU) level, the % OFF displayed on Westfield online is automatically calculated based on the Offer Price and the Discount Price imported to Mirakl via your integration method. The discount price must be lower than the price.
The following rules apply:
- If discount start date is undefined, the discount applies immediately.
- If discount end date is undefined, the discount is endless.
- If neither start date nor end date are defined, the discount applies immediately and remains until the discount price is removed.
Each integration method, has a different approach to managing the Offer price and the Discount Price. This article will discuss how you can manage your discounts via each integration method, to support approach 1. Applying a Discount at the individual product (Shop_SKU) level using the offer file imported via your integration method.
Applying discounts if using Shopify:
Discounts are currently supported in Shopify by using the Compare At Price. If the Compare At Price is present in information pulled from Shopify, the price field will become the Discount Price on Mirakl and the compare at price will be the normal price.
Unfortunately, it is not possible to provide a Discount Start and End Date in Shopify so any Compare At Prices will apply immediately once they have been uploaded in Shopify and will remain until the Compare At Price is removed.
There are two ways you can apply discounts when you have a Shopify store depending on where you want your discounts to be applied.
1. Discount Applicable to All Sales Channels
Discounts which are applicable to all sales channels can be done by simply adding the Compare At Price to the product and then this will flow through to Mirakl via your existing integration method.
Shopify allows you to edit the Compare At Price individually via the product interface, and in bulk via the bulk editor or CSV import. (Note: The compare at price will need to be the original price of the product and the sale price will need to go into the price field).
2. Discount Exclusive to Westfield online
Discounts which will be exclusive to Westfield online will ordinarily require the price sync to be turned off so that the Discount Prices in Mirakl can then be updated manually and not be overridden by the next sync.
- If you are using the Integration Management Portal, you will need to speak with a Seller Success team member who will arrange for the price sync to be turned off for you or Configure the Settings yourself if you have access.
- If you are using the Mirakl Shopify Connector, you will be able to turn off the price sync in the configuration tab.
Applying discounts if using an Aggregator (Omnivore, Comestri, ChannelAdvisor, Intelligent Reach, CrescoData):
If you are managing your listing via an Aggregator, then you will need to refer to the support material provided by each aggregator as they each have their own way of applying discounts in their Management Portals. Most aggregators have the concept of marketplace pricing, and allow you to create pricing rules for each of your marketplace channels so that you can do exclusive pricing, in addition to pulling through the discount price from your source systems.
Applying discounts if using a Manual Upload:
If you are managing your listing manually in the Mirakl Seller Portal either through a CSV/XML upload or through the back office. You will need to ensure that you have the following Offer fields populated:
Discount Start Date
Discount End Date